submissions


#OlehProblems: Passport Renewal

Hello everyone,

The renewal of the passports of my family (7 people) represent a lot of money, so I decided this year to do it by internet so as to get a discount. I went through the process and paid on line with my isracard on feb 2. You are then supposed to come with the receipt and pictures. For various reasons, some of my children could not come before may. When I gave the receipt and the pictures, I was told -- in a most unpleasant way (""what do you expect ? To sleep and  receive a check for breakfast ?"" and then the sganit threw my documents) -- that

1) since 3 months had elapsed, I had to pay the full price for each passport.

2) even then, because of some technical problem with the online payment, they could not take into account what was already paid.
(I still wait for being reimbursed.)

To 1), I responded - as calmly as I could - that I did not remember seeing this on the site of the misrad hapnim.
( http://www.gov.il/FirstGov/TopNav/Situations/SPopulationsGuides/SYoungCitizen/SYPassport/ )

[Now maybe this has been updated since, or maybe there may have been some very fine print somewhere, although I remember very well spending much, much time to figure out and going through all the details.]

To 2) I responded that I was not responsible for the way the server handles payments: I had given all the correct information about my isracard and my identity, there was no mistake on my side.

Both the sganit and the menahelet could not care less. I really felt like a greenhorn.

A very unpleasant experience indeed. #olehproblems

No comments :

Post a Comment